6.18.2011

My Staples


Today I wanted to share a few staple products
that I have incorporated into my weekly regimen.
I'm going to give a quick glance at the 2 products
that I always use to aid in my healthy hair goal.

  • Shea butter- My #1 favorite product of all time. I use this on a weekly basis. It helps to keep my hair moisturized and soft. It's produced from shea nuts and it is all natural, unrefined and raw.
    • This is great for those whose hair tends to get a little dry during the week. I've mixed my shea with other oils to make it a bit more creamy for my liking!
  • Castor Oil - I chose this oil for regimen because it was heavy and it works wonders. Depending on our hair type you can opt for some of these lighter oils below. But I always have some sort of oil base for smoothness, strength and luster!
    • Other Oils are Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba and Almond Oil. (I have used)
      • For those like to grease their scalp try castor oil, its soaks up into your hair/head and doesn't block your pores with mineral oil/petroleum.
    • Benefits of Castor Oil - Castor Oil thickens hair, promotes hair growth, prevents thinning, moisturizes, helps reduce split ends helps to tame frizz, and prevent scalp infections.

Anything to help keep your hair moisturized and is all-natural is worth the try.
See what your hair likes and Go for it!


~Love and Peace
Val~

0 comments: